What should I do if I am stopped by an LSU Police Officer?
- The Officer's unit will have blue lights flashing, indicating that he/she needs you to stop. This could be due to a traffic violation, a safety issue, or a number of other reasons.
- Pull your vehicle to a safe place, out of the flow of traffic. This could be on the side of the road or in a parking lot.
- Keep your hands visible for the Officer to see at all times. You may keep your hands on the steering wheel, as this should be the most comfortable.
- The Officer will introduce him/herself and advise of the reason why you have been stopped.
- The Officer will ask some questions. Answer the questions honestly and make good eye contact.
- Please follow the Officers directions at all times.
- Provide the proper identification (LSU Tiger ID card, driver's license, or passport).
- Also provide vehicle registration and insurance to the Officer.
- The Officer will provide further instructions if a traffic citation is issued or if it is merely a warning issued for the offense.
If you have any questions, please contact the LSU Police Department at 225-578-3231.