- Do not take medication that has been prescribed to someone else.
- Do not allow others to influence you to use illegal drugs.
- Do not share vape pens, as these are also commonly used to consume illegal drugs.
Marijuana is an illegal drug and the consequences for being in possession are outlined under LRS 40:966. The consequences for being in possession of drug paraphernalia are outlined in LRS 40:1021.
Know What to Do in an Emergency:
- Do not allow someone to “sleep it off”.
- If vomiting occurs and the person is unconscious, put the person on his/her side to prevent choking.
- Call 911 and seek medical attention immediately! Stay with the person until help arrives.
See PS-75 - Illegal or Abusive Use of Alcohol or Other Drugs by Students Policy.