LSU Family Council
The LSU Family Council is an opportunity exclusively available to members of the LSU Family Association. The Council serves as a resource for all LSU families by enhancing the university
experience for both students and families. It offers a way for members to:
- take an active role in planning and organizing LSU Family Association events
- offer valuable feedback to University administrators
- connect with other LSU families
- share special LSU experiences with their student
Join the LSU Family Association.
Apply to the LSU Family Council. Applications will open in late summer 2023. Stay
tuned for more details.
Make Your Leadership Gift.
See Roster of Current Members
- Provide leadership and vision for the LSU Family Association
- Serve as liaisons between Association members and the university to advocate goals and plans of the
Association to members, as well as to help reflect views of Association members to
- Provide programming support for Association by giving feedback and serving as volunteers, as needed, at events
such as Family Weekend and Spring Family Fling
- Assist in fundraising and development efforts in support of the Association
- Become familiar with campus activities, resources, and services to advocate for the university and
uphold the mission of the Association
- Attend Council meetings twice a year held in conjunction with Family Association events (Fall: Family Weekend; Spring: Spring Family Fling)
- Participate in Council virtual meetings at least twice a year
- Serve as a regional representative in your area by attending recruitment events hosted by LSU Enrollment Management,
acting as a contact person for first year families in your area, and building relationships
with your local LSU admissions counselor and LSU Alumni chapter
- Greet LSU families through welcome calls and/or by hosting or attending regional Send-Off
events for incoming students and parents
- Provide feedback on parent and family engagement strategies
- Serve on one of three committees -- Emergency Support Fund Committee, Family Scholarship Fund Committee, or Campus
Collaboration Grant Committee
- Give an annual leadership gift of $1,000 or more to the LSU Family Council Fund
Composition & Eligibility
LSU determines and fills necessary positions and creates committees in consultation
with Family Council members.
All members are approved by LSU and must complete the Council Membership Application
and fulfill the Leadership Gift requirement.
Each Council Member must commit to a term of two (2) years, unless the member’s student
graduates or is no longer enrolled at the university before the term ends.
Members who wish to serve additional terms may do so by submitting a new Council Membership
Form and Annual Leadership Gift.
A member can voluntarily withdraw from the Council at any time by submitting a written
resignation. Likewise, Council members can be dismissed at any time by not abiding
by or fulfilling the following:
- Expectations of Council as stated above
- Statement of Ethics
- Other reasons deemed necessary by LSU
The application for the 2023-24 academic year will open in late summer 2023. Stay
tuned for more details.
Manager, Parent & Family Programs
Division of Student Affairs
479 LSU Student Union, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
225-578-1173 | firstname.lastname@example.org