The LSU Bengal Brass Basketball Band is comprised of 74 brass, woodwind, and percussion students from across campus. Members are chosen through an audition at the beginning of the semester and perform for men’s and women’s basketball games, women’s volleyball matches, gymnastics meets, select soccer games, and other special events.
To be eligible to participate in Bengal Brass, you must:
- Be a full-time LSU student in good standing with the university.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Have a flexible evening schedule to attend athletics events.
Each member of the Bengal Brass receives an exclusive uniform jacket from LSU Athletics and financial compensation for each performance throughout the season. The group rehearses at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters only, with mid-season rehearsals scheduled as-needed. The group also travels across the country to SEC and NCAA basketball tournaments in the post-season, all-expenses paid. Prior trips have visited Tampa, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Nashville, Washington D.C., and many more.
Bengal Brass members receive $35 per event, an exclusive jacket, and the opportunity to travel to post-season tournaments. If you have any questions, email Mr. Dowie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the links below to learn more about our audition processes and other auxiliary units of the Tiger Band.
The 2023-2024 Bengal Brass roster has been set. Please check in Fall 2024 for that year's audition information.
Official members of Bengal Brass will have two initial mandatory practices:
- Wednesday, September 13: 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in the Old Band Hall
- Thursday, September 14: 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. in the Tiger Band Hall
- Additional practices may be scheduled on an as-needed basis.